Self-Managed Food Banks Cities or Agro-Climatic Cities
The Self-Managed Food Banks Cities are eco-landscape structures both rural and tourist (cities- gardens-forests-sanctuaries-experimental conservatories) of quality with an Agro-Climatic vocation (impact of the climate on agriculture and agriculture on the climate).
Many people agree that dry lands should play a major role in global agricultural production and contribute to meeting climate challenges. The main mission of the Food Bank Self-Governed Cities is therefore to ensure food stability and security and the secondary mission is to combat the processes of environmental degradation, water scarcity and desertification in arid and semi-arid regions
Within this framework, an innovative agro-climatic process developed by the EL4DEV program will help to address the many environmental and societal challenges facing the countries of the Mediterranean area, the countries of the Arab-Berber-Persian-Muslim world as well as African countries.
These self-managed cities will thus be showcases of future progress in the modernization of the food security system, the improvement of agricultural, water and ecological policies, geoengineering, agricultural consultancy, the transfer of new and efficient green technologies and training through experience.
Community objectives and issues around the world:
- Production of quality food crops, differently, quickly, in quantity, with much less space, much less water (be independent of rainfall and do not draw on groundwater / natural aquifers) and without any phytosanitary treatment, in order to distribute free of charge a large part of the products to vulnerable populations in the region (effective fight against malnutrition, under nutrition and poverty + Food Security)
- Fight against social exclusion
- Restoration and rehabilitation of degraded local ecosystems
- Progressive replenishment of groundwater / natural aquifers, water conservation (no use is made of groundwater)
- The effective fight against desertification, excess carbon in the atmosphere and climate disturbances
- The generalization of old and wild seeds which are much richer in essential nutrients and biodynamic potential, much more resistant and adaptable than current hybrid varieties and which are moreover reproducible and not patented (fight for biodiversity).
- The generalization of the use of super fruits and super vegetables as well as medicinal plants.
- The generalization of a high-performance agriculture that cares for the environment, humans and farmers (100% natural).
- The fight against the disappearance of bees throughout the world. Bees have a primordial role in pollination and in the survival of humanity. However, they are disappearing massively throughout the world. This sanctuary city is therefore a place of well-being and regeneration for bee colonies.
- The creation of bird parks rich in biodiversity and protected areas.
- Well-being of people and stimulation of optimism and creativity: in a corrosive context of speed, confusion and pollution, it is a soothing, comforting city of refuge and a source of silence and peace. It has the power to transport people to the enchantment of an eternal world. It’s an invitation to travel within us.
These are authentic :
- Botanical conservatories,
- Conservatory orchards,
- Conservatory marshlands,
- Conservatory apiaries,
- Conservatories of old and wild seeds,
- Nature reserves for numerous colonies of migratory and sedentary / exotic and non-exotic birds,
- Places to preserve life,
- Places that refocus, open minds, inspire and educate through experience.
These conservatories are uncommon and very diverse. They are always located on the outskirts of communes which are most often isolated, neglected, sparsely populated, without national or international influence. They are neighbors of these communes and tend to progressively influence them positively on the architectural and organizational level, without forgetting the behavioral level of the inhabitants
SELF-MANAGED CITIES FOOD BANKS are producing for free distribution to local populations in need.
They are completely self-sufficient and ethically managed food production units.
These pilot cities thus pave the way for a new model of community functioning and management. This ethical model is very efficient and is applicable to all communities worldwide.
SELF-MANAGED FOOD BANKS CITIES summary:
2 models are included:
- a productive and tourist-oriented mother city
- other productive satellite cities
- A project of futuristic "vegetal" cities
- A collective aspiration, a shared dream of ecological futurism where humans understand their true place and act accordingly.
- Garden cities and sanctuaries "refuges" from their environment, moments of silence and "bubbles of well-being" within a corrosive global context of speed, confusion and pollution.
- Spatial and temporal windows leading to a world "UPCOMING".
- The convergence of the dream of harmony, the societal function, the environmental function and the economic function
- A new tourism concept: "Community, Sustainable Garden & Resort".